A Photo Artist from India – Sonali Dalal
2010: The year will forever remain etched in the memory of Sonali Dalal, a year in which she started her journey as a photo artist. Suddenly she found the medium to explore the beauty all around: in people, in nature, in objects, in small thing of life. Day by day her vision expanded and her camera became vehicle for the expression of her vision. The art of photography, she felt, was pure meditation. Though she indulges in other genres of photography, she considers abstract photo art as her preferred way of expression.
2012: She held her first solo exhibition titled “Chiaroscuro” which was a great success. In a thoughtful departure, she exclusively exhibited monochrome images, showing her fascination for capturing play of light and shadow in her photographs. Chiaroscuro
2014: She held her second solo exhibition “Point of View”, showcasing her work with European artists, narrating her point of view about the environment of an artist’s studio. This exhibition was sponsored by “Lalitkala Academy” –highest body promoting art in India. Point of View
2016: She Collaborated with a renowned British Installation Artist Lisa Milroy , where her photos became part of the installation created by the artist. In another exhibition, her work was showcased along with some of the topmost photographers of India, as a talent to watch out for.
2017: She had her first international group show “Petits Formats” at Paris. Petits Formats
She has also participated in few other group shows.
2012: She won Gold Medal (Honourable Mention) at The 73 rd Photographic Salon of Japan for her picture “Curious”.
2015: She won her second Gold Medal (Honourable Mention) at The 76 th Photographic Salon of Japan for her picture “Smile of Opimism”.
* Her photos adorn book covers of eminent poets of India.
* Her photos have been published in Indian as well as in international magazines including as magazine cover.
* A World renowned Japanese fashion designer company has commissioned her work for the promotion of their brand on their website as well as in stores.
* Her work was recently used as main visualisation by renowned Japanese gallery.
* Her works are in private collection of art collectors in India as well as abroad.
- Apart from photography she writes poetry and is a published poet.
- She can be contacted at email@example.com
- Sonali belongs to Ahmedabad, city known as Manchester of India and heads a company which has close ties with textiles.